Good Sunday afternoon! Hope the weekend’s been good to you. Mine’s been pretty darn sweet: Enjoyed a Girls Nite In get-together with some girlfriends Friday night, hung out with the Boyfriend Saturday night, and in between all that I actually found time to work on a couple of projects. Got a tad bit of rain yesterday and none so far today. It’s raining all around me, but for some reason those clouds just seem to skirt around Lake Helen. Gonna have to run the sprinkers tonight if I don’t get some soon.
Is that not one of the coolest flower buds??
Not only are the flowers pretty, but I like the plant itself too.
These pics are of the garden I had when I lived in Savannah. Hope whomever owns it now enjoys it as much as I did.
- Botanical Name: Hedychium coronarium
- Common Name: Common Ginger Lily, White Ginger, Butterfly Ginger
- Cultivar: Not sure on this one
- I’ve found they do best in light shade
- Ample to moderate water
- Depending on the cultivar, 3′ to 9′ tall
- Attracts butterflies
- Blooms from summer till frost